Join Laureli Shimayo for Cycles of Circling!
** WHAT IS AUTHENTIC RELATING? **
AR is about what is real. It's about what you are feeling and experiencing in the bodily felt sense. It's about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be frightening, silly, sexy, or questioning. It's about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being. Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich the human experience. The two most common AR activities are Transformational Games & Circling. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection & http://www.circlinginstitute.com/circling/what-is-circling/)
CIRCLING is a way for us to practice presence in relationship. It is a group experience that leaves space for individual emotional expression, reflection and sharing of impact - where we are encouraged to follow our impulses, speak our truths, and explore relating with one another authentically in the present moment. The practice of circling allows us to slow down, bring our attention to our own felt experience, and share our inner worlds with one another, noticing what happens within us and what arises within the group as we do so. The intention is to connect from a place of curiosity and to strive for clarity as we bring awareness to what is implicit and make it explicit. The goal is not to change one another, but instead to be with what is, celebrating and honoring who and where we all are right now. As we circle, we practice breaking through the assumptions and projections we may have about each other to allow for deeper connection and greater understanding to emerge.
- Address: 9414 Roosevelt Way
- Ample street parking and public transit options.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to settle into the space so we can begin at 12pm. We lock the doors at 12:15.
- We’ll have an intro, a 1st Circle, a break, and then a 2nd Circle. Newcomers are welcome.
- Cost: Donation basis $10-$40 suggested to support budding Seattle Tantra and Authentic Seattle communities. Cash, check or card accepted at the door. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Your assistance with set-up or clean up would be most appreciated in lieu of financial support.
- Accessibility: Seattle Tantra is an accessible space. However, the bathroom does not accommodate wheelchairs. Please contact us if you have questions about how we can support your abilities.
** WHAT/WHO IS AUTHENTIC SEATTLE? **
We are a community that is unleashing our aliveness through self-expression, connection, and bearing witness to each other. We gather frequently for Games, Circling and socializing.
- Please note that Authentic Relating & Seattle Tantra Community events are not a therapeutic setting, and the facilitators are not there in the role of counselors. If you have needs that would best be served by a mental health professional, do not consider this practice as a substitute for such care.
- Games & Circling events can facilitate people making deep connections. Not everyone brings that connected experience with them after an event. Please remember to practice everyday politeness if you reach out to someone to connect socially after an event.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask any of the Authentic Seattle Organizers, Seattle Tantra Community, or a Facilitator.