Join Laureli and Grace on Sunday for a mix of Games and Circling.
** WHAT ARE AUTHENTIC RELATING GAMES? **
AR is about what is real. It's about what you are feeling and experiencing in the bodily felt sense. It's about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be frightening, silly, sexy, or questioning. It's about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being.
Relating Games are a collection of experiences and activities that give participants a hands-on taste of both the joy and skills of genuine interpersonal connection. Game nights provide a lower-stakes venue to feel the power of being vulnerable in community with the aim of bringing more authentic connection into our lives everyday.
In Seattle, we gather every Sunday evening to play and connect. Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich the human experience. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection)
** WHAT/WHO IS AUTHENTIC SEATTLE? **
We are a community that is unleashing our aliveness through self-expression, connection, and bearing witness to each other.
In addition to our weekly Sunday Game Nights, we occasionally gather for Circling - and Circling is part of this Games event! (http://www.circlinginstitute.com/circling/what-is-circling/), and social events.
Sunday August 16, 6-9pm at Balance Studio, 418 N 35th St, Seattle, WA 98103
- Ample street parking and public transit options.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to settle into the space so we can begin at 6:00. We lock the doors at 6:15.
- Cost: Donation basis $10-$40 suggested to cover cost of the space and to support the awesome community of Authentic Seattle. (Cash or PayPal accepted)
- PayPal link: paypal.me/AuthenticSeattle (please include date of game night as memo)
- Accessibility: Unfortunately, this is not an ADA accessible space, there are multiple sets of stairs, though we will personally do whatever we can to accommodate accessibility needs. Please contact event host directly with questions. We are searching for a more accessible space.
- Please note that Authentic Relating events are not a therapeutic setting, and the facilitators are not there in the role of counselors. If you have needs that would best be served by a mental health professional, do not consider this practice as a substitute for such care.
- Games & Circling events can facilitate people making deep connections. Not everyone brings that connected experience with them after an event. Please remember to practice everyday politeness if you reach out to someone to connect socially after an event.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask any of the Authentic Seattle Organizers or Facilitators.