Transformational Authentic Relating Games: Letting Go
Wednesday June 12, 7-9pm
Hosted by Laureli Shimayo & David Betz-Zall
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com or 720-352-2434.
Do you choose Cake or Death (from Eddie Izzard)?
Life includes so many opportunities to let go, to shed our skin. Or to cling to what's not alive, what's not working, and what's causing us pain.
It might be ending a relationship, dissolving a community, leaving a job, dying, being left by someone who dies, completing a project, unfriending someone on social media, being ghosted, so many versions of closing a door, walking away...
We'll explore fun and revealing exercises around exits and endings. You'll walk away with new openings to closure...and more perspective on how endings affect you and those close to you. Plus you'll likely form deeper connections (or more space) with yourself and others in our Authentic Seattle Community.
** WHAT ARE AUTHENTIC RELATING GAMES? **
AR (Authentic Relating) is about what is real. It's about what you are feeling and experiencing in the bodily felt sense. It's about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be frightening, silly, sexy, or questioning. It's about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being.
Relating Games are a collection of experiences and activities that give participants a hands-on taste of both the joy and skills of genuine interpersonal connection. Game nights provide a lower-stakes venue to feel the power of being vulnerable in community with the aim of bringing more authentic connection into our lives every day.
Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich the human experience. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection)
** WHAT/WHO IS AUTHENTIC SEATTLE? **
We are a community that is unleashing our aliveness through self-expression, connection, and bearing witness to each other.
Sacred Embodiment Community will be hosting monthly Authentic Relating Games nights. All are welcome to join.
- Address: 9414 Roosevelt Way NE
- Ample street parking and public transit options.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to settle into the space so we can begin at 7pm. We lock the doors at 7:15.
- Cost: Donation basis $10-$30 suggested to support budding Sacred Embodiment and Authentic Seattle communities. Cash, check or card accepted at the door. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Your assistance with set-up or clean up would be most appreciated in lieu of financial support.
- Arrive with enough time to find a space. Free street parking is available around the venue. Please take care not to block the entrance to the alley just north of the building.
- Please, be aware the venue is smoke free and shoe free.
- Sacred Embodiment currently has limited accessibility. The entrance and practice space is wheelchair accessible and students are welcome to sit on chairs, on the floor, or as needed for their physical abilities. However, the bathroom is not ADA and not able to accommodate a wheelchair at this time. If you are concerned about your accessibility needs in the space, please contact Laureli or email SEC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SEC intends to cultivate conscious living, conscious loving and freedom. Intrinsic in the work of increasing our consciousness is a keen noticing of our bodies and of those around us. This deep listening doesn't mix well with alcohol or other substances, so please don't consume those that would hinder your natural state before attending or at events.
- Please, be mindful when wearing colognes, perfumes, essential oils or other scented or chemical products to our events. Some people are extremely sensitive. SEC is not currently a scent-free space, however they do their best to be scent sensitive.
- Please note that Authentic Relating events are not a therapeutic setting, and the facilitators are not there in the role of counselors. If you have needs that would best be served by a mental health professional, do not consider this practice as a substitute for such care.
- Games & Circling events can facilitate people making deep connections. Not everyone brings that connected experience with them after an event. Please remember to practice everyday politeness if you reach out to someone to connect socially after an event.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask any of the Authentic Seattle or Sacred Embodiment facilitators.