Join Keeley & Laureli for a combination of Games & Circling!
** WHAT IS AUTHENTIC RELATING? **
AR is about what is real. It's about what you are feeling and experiencing in the bodily felt sense. It's about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be frightening, silly, sexy, or questioning. It's about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being.
AR Games are a collection of prepared and guided experiences and activities that give participants a hands-on taste of both the joy and skills of genuine interpersonal connection. Games provide an opportunity to stretch and practice a more transparent, self- and other-aware way of relating and communicating. They can involve pair work, group sharing, asking questions, or movement games. We provide a container in which you have the opportunity to lean into your edge in ways you might not dare to do otherwise. By taking risks, you may discover new things about yourself in front of others, and you may come to appreciate people more deeply. The group experience provides a lower-stakes venue for you to experiment and feel the power of being vulnerable in community with the aim of bringing more authentic connection into our lives everyday.
Circling is a way for us to practice presence in relationship. It is a group experience that leaves space for individual emotional expression, reflection and sharing of impact - where we are encouraged to follow our impulses, speak our truths, and explore relating with one another authentically in the present moment. The practice of circling allows us to slow down, bring our attention to our own felt experience, and share our inner worlds with one another, noticing what happens within us and what arises within the group as we do so. The intention is to connect from a place of curiosity and to strive for clarity as we bring awareness to what is implicit and make it explicit. The goal is not to change one another, but instead to be with what is, celebrating and honoring who and where we all are right now. As we circle, we practice breaking through the assumptions and projections we may have about each other to allow for deeper connection and greater understanding to emerge.
In Seattle, we gather every Sunday evening to play and connect. Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich the human experience. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection & http://www.circlinginstitute.com/circling/what-is-circling/)
** WHAT/WHO IS AUTHENTIC SEATTLE? **
We are a community that is unleashing our aliveness through self-expression, connection, and bearing witness to each other. We gather regularly for Games, Circling and socializing.
- Ample street parking and public transit options.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to settle into the space so we can begin at 6:00. We lock the doors at ~6:15.
- Cost: Donation basis $10-$40 suggested to cover cost of the space and to support the awesome community of Authentic Seattle. (Cash or PayPal accepted)
- PayPal link: paypal.me/AuthenticSeattle (please include date of game night as memo)
- Accessibility: Unfortunately, this is not an ADA accessible space, there are multiple sets of stairs, though we will personally do whatever we can to accommodate accessibility needs. Please contact event host directly with questions. We are searching for a more accessible space.
Event on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/318732602040605/
- Please note that Authentic Relating events are not a therapeutic setting, and the facilitators are not there in the role of counselors. If you have needs that would best be served by a mental health professional, do not consider this practice as a substitute for such care.
- Games & Circling events can facilitate people making deep connections. Not everyone brings that connected experience with them after an event. Please remember to practice everyday politeness if you reach out to someone to connect socially after an event.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask any of the Authentic Seattle Organizers or Facilitators.