I love Circling because, for me, it is magic - it creates a context in which magic happens. Come discover what Circling is for you.
Circling is an AUTHENTIC RELATING activity. It's about what is real and now. It's about what you are feeling and experiencing in your bodily felt sense. It's about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be scared, joyful, sad, etc. It's about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being. Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich our human experience. The two most common AR activities are Transformational Games & Circling. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection & http://www.circlinginstitute.com/circling/what-is-circling/)
CIRCLING is a way for us to practice presence in relationship with others. It is a group experience that leaves space for individual emotional expression, reflection and sharing of impact - where we are encouraged to follow our impulses, speak our truths, and explore relating with one another authentically in the present moment. The practice of circling allows us to slow down, bring our attention to our own felt experience, and share our inner worlds with one another, noticing what happens within us and what arises within the group as we do so. The intention is to connect from a place of curiosity and to strive for clarity as we bring awareness to what is implicit and make it explicit. The goal is not to change one another, but instead to be with what is, celebrating and honoring who and where we all are right now. As we circle, we practice breaking through the assumptions and projections we may have about each other to allow for deeper connection and greater understanding to emerge.
** EVENT DETAILS **
- Tuesday, June 4, 11am-1pm
- Address: Sacred Embodiment Community, 9414 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle WA 98115
- Please arrive before 11am to settle into the space so we can begin by 11:05pm. We lock the doors at about 11:15pm.
- We’ll go over agreements, introduce Circling and then do one Circle.
- We are an inclusive community. Experienced Circlers, newcomers to Authentic Relating, and adults and mature teens are welcome.
- Cost: Sliding scale $10-$30 to support our growing Authentic Seattle group and Sacred Embodiment Community. Cash, check or card accepted at the door. You are also welcome to pay ahead at www.PayPal.me/LaureliShimayo (please mention that it is for Circling and which date).
This event is on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1178851645625355/